We believe that our neighbors are worth investing in because Jesus invested in the people around him. One of the most intimidating challenges that we all face when looking at how to invest in our neighbors is not having the time or margin to create additional, meaningful relationships. We all feel like our lives are so crowded with the busyness of life – family engagements, work responsibilities, community obligations – the list goes on and on. We always feel like life is flying past us at 100mph, right?
On Sunday, we heard a challenging quote from John Ortberg that says, “Love and hurry are not at all compatible, because love always takes time and time is the one thing hurried people don’t have.” Hurry and busyness are the enemies of love – they will always overtake your ability to create meaningful relationships and love to your full extent.
What if this week that all changed? What could happen if you really took an honest look at your life and decided to reprioritize relationships and love over hurry and busyness?
- Continue to get to know your neighbors’ names and write them on the magnet.
- Pray for your neighbors.
- Pray to be a positive influence in their lives.
- Pray for situations and circumstances they may have shared with you through conversation.
- Pray for boldness to step outside of your comfort zone.
- Be intentional about finding ways to eliminate hurry from your life and reprioritize relationships. What in your schedule could be eliminated and replaced with a step towards a meaningful relationship?